Nautilis WiFi temperature controller (V5)
Nautilis WiFi fermentation controller is primarily made for fermenting a home brewed beer in fridge or freezer, and brings you a number of benefits,as well as a timely response, and setting the temperature when you are not close to Your fermenter. To operate the device from firmware version 5.6, you no longer need a WiFi network, it’s only recommended for full functionality when setting parameters and device managment when you are not at home. All the settings you set on the application are saved to the device memory and remain stored there, wherefore the device works, and does its job even if there is no internet. The first time you use the device, it is no longer necessary to enter the WiFi network data, but the device operates independently. The device can have 2 temperature sensors. One is waterproof with 2.5 meters of cable, and the other is installed if it is necessary to measure the room temperature. From version 5.7, the controller has support for receiving data from a digital hydrometer (Ispindel) which it displays on the display and forwards to the Blynk application. In the tests, the digital hydrometer signal reaches the controller without worry, even when the hydrometer is in the stainless steel fermenter and chest, which is extremely important. The battery of the hydrometer lasts longer if it connects to the controller. The prototype of the device has been developed and tested for more than a year and has produced a series of beer fermentations without any problems. The firmware for the device is constantly being upgraded and improved as well as the development of PCB board design. The device is designed so that in the event of a failure, it is possible to replace the parts without any major problems and eliminate the failure. The parts that are built into the controller were purchased from proven manufacturers and reputable brands, and care was taken to ensure that every bit of the device was one, as reliability and durability were the priority.
An environment without electromagnetic interference is recommended for reliable operation of the device.
If you are interested in this device or have a question feel free to contact us. I am at the disposal of all home brewers.
Latest firmware version: 5.7.5
Some of specification:
-Works in an environment without WiFi / Internet access,
-Providing and reviewing all device parameters via controller web site,
– Setting the desired fermentation temperature, water etc. through the mobile application
– Temperature hysteresis at which the cooling or heating relay is switched on
– Delay – Delay time for turning on the cooling or heating
– Calibration of temperature sensor
– graph of temperature in the given time
– specific density graph,
– View all hydrometer data on controller application or web site (specific density, angle, signal, temperature, battery status),
– alarm of high temperature (sound, mail, mobile)
– low temperature alarm (sound, mail, mobile)
– display on your cellphone the status of heating or cooling,
– display of actual, set temperature, heating or cooling status, display of settings and connection status on WiFi and Blynk on a dual-color low power oled display.
– protection against failure or error of the temperature probe (reported by mail, mobile phone and audible alarm)
– Wifi termination notification
– The temperature probe can be extended indefinitely without affecting the measurement quality
– it is possible to connect multiple controllers in one box of the device
– application allows to connect multiple devices even for different purposes into one unit, thus simplifying control and setting of parameters
– no data loss in case of power or the internet failure.
– in case of failure all parts can be changed,
– OTA (Over the Air) firmware upgrade (via web interface),
– asynchronous web server that enhances controller capabilities,
– design of the device according to personal needs, possible with one relay without sound alarms etc.
-blue LED indicates that the fermenter is cooling – red is heating.
Coding to your native language.
Note: Digital Hydrometer (iSpindel) is recommended with Controller.
Nautilis Controller management system
View and edit controller settings (no internet required)
In order to see and change the settings of the device, you first need to connect to the WiFi network that the device transmits, usually called the nautilis-controller-pro. After connecting to the network, some devices automatically open the Internet browser, in some you need to open the network settings and go to the router management option, or simply open the Internet browser and open the address 192.168.4.1
After that, the Nautilis Controller management home page opens where you can view and edit the following settings:
To use the management pages you need to enter a username and password (Unless you have the same stored in your browser).
-WiFi Config (configuration of your WiFi network and Blynk aplication token)
Here you enter the basic data of the connection: the name of your WiFi network, the password of your WiFi network, You mark the Blynk cloud or local server and you enter the token Blynk application. Pay attention to uppercase and lowercase letters.
Leaving one of the fields blank will save it as blank. The current settings view is at the bottom of the page. After saving, the device needs to be physically restarted, or you can use the Nautilis Controller management and the Reboot menu to make the changes active.
-Controller Config (Change controller settings)
Here you can change the default settings of the controller: Change the set temperature, high and low temperature alarm, calibrate the temperature sensor, etc. All settings are saved in the device memory.
– Firmware update
Over-the-Air programming (OTA) is a wireless device firmware upgrade. Opening the menu opens an upgrade page. You find the latest firmware on the device you connected to the website and upload it to the system. when you get the Ok notification, the firmware has been upgraded successfully.
– Reset Settings,
– Reboot – Opening this link will restart the device,
-iSpindel – opens hydrometer data view page (iSpindel)
I’ve made Nautilis iSpindel app. You are welcome to try it out!
To start using it:
1. Download Blynk App: http://j.mp/blynk_Android or http://j.mp/blynk_iOS
2. Touch the QR-code icon and point the camera to the code below
3. Enjoy in app!
Virtual pins required when installing widgets manually in the application:
V1 – LED on app – Cooling
V2 – LED on app – heating
V10 – temp sensor
V11 – room temp sensor / if any /
V14 – Low temperature alarm (0 default)
V15 – High temperature alarm (25 default)
V16 – Setting the default temperature (18 default)
V17 – Hysteresis (default = 1)
V18 – Delay time in minutes (6min default)
V21 – Calibration of temperature sensor
V22 – Room temperature sensor calibration / if available /
Digital hydrometer (iSpindel) settings (Configuration)
Instructions for viewing and editing hydrometer settings:
Turn on your iSpindel and open WiFi Manager, and in the Configuration menu, change the following to:
SSID: nautilis_controller_pro (or similar name offered in the list of networks)
PASS: leave blank
iSpindel name: 1-enter_your_name // make a digit first and then a name
Service Type: HTTP
Server address: 192.168.4.1
Server Port: 80
Path / URI: / gravity